Be sure to visit our page on Association of Reformed Baptist Churches of America, and, please be in prayer for the following:
Jim Renihan ~ Escondido, California – Coordinator
This week from the ARBCA August Missionary Prayer Focus:
7. Prof. Renihan will be preaching at Grace Bible Church, Oklahoma City, OK. The elders have asked him to speak about our Confession in the Sunday School and preach in the morning worship service.
8. Please continue to pray for the Church plant in Aylmer, QC with André Pinard.
9. Pray for the Valley City church plant in North Dakota.
10. Please be praying for the Lord to bless our upcoming ARBCA School of World Missions with His presence. The School is being hosted by Trinity Reformed Baptist Church of Jackson, GA on Thursday-Friday, November 3rd and 4th.
11. Pray for church planter David Randall, his wife, and their youngest adult son as they transition into their new home, community, employment, and begin outreach, Bible studies, and worship in Longview TX.
12. Please pray for Chaplain Patrick Joyner as he makes preparations for preaching and teaching. Pray that he will have the light of God and that receptive hearers will be changed through the power of God.
13. Augusto Rámirez has announced his resignation from the pastorate of the La Alborada church in Bogota. He’ll remain with the church until the new year giving them time to seek his replacement.
Psalm 84:10-12 English Standard Version (ESV)
My Soul Longs for the Courts of the Lord
10 For a day in your courts is better
than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
the Lord bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does he withhold
from those who walk uprightly.
12 O Lord of hosts,
blessed is the one who trusts in you!
From the 1689 Baptist Confession
Chapter 20: Of the Gospel, and of the Extent of the Grace Thereof
4. Although the gospel be the only outward means of revealing Christ and saving grace, and is, as such, abundantly sufficient thereunto; yet that men who are dead in trespasses may be born again, quickened or regenerated, there is moreover necessary an effectual insuperable work of the Holy Spirit upon the whole soul, for the producing in them a new spiritual life; without which no other means will effect their conversion unto God.
( Psalms 110:3; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Ephesians 1:19, 20; John 6:44; 2 Corinthians 4:4, 6 )